- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Openfields Local Foods Dinner at Social Sept. 16
Downtown Rockford’s Social Urban Bar and Restaurant will host the next dinner in the Fifth Annual Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series presented by University of Illinois Extension.
Social owner and executive chef Paul Sletten will overwhelm your senses with his innovative and distinctive all-local creations while supporting the local foods economy of our region. Whether it is a perfectly-crafted sauce or a masterful presentation of a classic, his innovation always delights.
Because of the nature of this style of cuisine, the menu will be available at the event and based on the availability of the local ingredients.
Join Sletten and his staff at this favorite summer event, which begins at 6 p.m., Monday, Sept. 16, at 509 E. State St., Rockford. Dinner is $65 per person and includes a unique, multi-course, locally-grown meal. Beverages will be offered for an added fee; gratuity is not included. Registrations are required and are made through University of Illinois Extension.
University of Illinois Extension’s Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series is a popular summer dinner series that brings together innovative restaurants, talented chefs, local farmers, and savvy diners to celebrate healthy, delicious, locally-produced foods. To make your reservation or for more information, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call U of I Extension at (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 11-17, 2013, issue