- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
Openfields Local Foods Dinner at Social Sept. 16
Downtown Rockford’s Social Urban Bar and Restaurant will host the next dinner in the Fifth Annual Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series presented by University of Illinois Extension.
Social owner and executive chef Paul Sletten will overwhelm your senses with his innovative and distinctive all-local creations while supporting the local foods economy of our region. Whether it is a perfectly-crafted sauce or a masterful presentation of a classic, his innovation always delights.
Because of the nature of this style of cuisine, the menu will be available at the event and based on the availability of the local ingredients.
Join Sletten and his staff at this favorite summer event, which begins at 6 p.m., Monday, Sept. 16, at 509 E. State St., Rockford. Dinner is $65 per person and includes a unique, multi-course, locally-grown meal. Beverages will be offered for an added fee; gratuity is not included. Registrations are required and are made through University of Illinois Extension.
University of Illinois Extension’s Openfields Local Foods Dinner Series is a popular summer dinner series that brings together innovative restaurants, talented chefs, local farmers, and savvy diners to celebrate healthy, delicious, locally-produced foods. To make your reservation or for more information, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call U of I Extension at (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 11-17, 2013, issue