- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
RAYS swim team Rookie Week Sept. 16-19 at I.D. Pennock YMCA
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley RAYS swim team invites prospective members to Rookie Week, Sept. 16-19 at the I.D. Pennock YMCA, South Pool, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford.
Rookies age 10 and younger will swim from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.; ages 11-21 swim from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Participants must bring a swimsuit, towel and goggles; a swim cap is also recommended. YMCA membership is not required to attend Rookie Week, but there is a $10 fee to participate in the four-night event.
Coaches will evaluate the swimmers and provide group placements and registration materials at the end of the week. Veteran swim team families will also be on hand to answer questions and share experiences.
The RAYS will begin practice for the fall/winter season Sept. 23. For more information or to reserve a spot at Rookie Week, visit www.rockriverymca.org/stingrays or contact Head Coach Liz Grace at LGrace@rockriverymca.org.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013