- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
RAYS swim team Rookie Week Sept. 16-19 at I.D. Pennock YMCA
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley RAYS swim team invites prospective members to Rookie Week, Sept. 16-19 at the I.D. Pennock YMCA, South Pool, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford.
Rookies age 10 and younger will swim from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.; ages 11-21 swim from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Participants must bring a swimsuit, towel and goggles; a swim cap is also recommended. YMCA membership is not required to attend Rookie Week, but there is a $10 fee to participate in the four-night event.
Coaches will evaluate the swimmers and provide group placements and registration materials at the end of the week. Veteran swim team families will also be on hand to answer questions and share experiences.
The RAYS will begin practice for the fall/winter season Sept. 23. For more information or to reserve a spot at Rookie Week, visit www.rockriverymca.org/stingrays or contact Head Coach Liz Grace at LGrace@rockriverymca.org.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013