- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
RAYS swim team Rookie Week Sept. 16-19 at I.D. Pennock YMCA
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley RAYS swim team invites prospective members to Rookie Week, Sept. 16-19 at the I.D. Pennock YMCA, South Pool, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford.
Rookies age 10 and younger will swim from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.; ages 11-21 swim from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Participants must bring a swimsuit, towel and goggles; a swim cap is also recommended. YMCA membership is not required to attend Rookie Week, but there is a $10 fee to participate in the four-night event.
Coaches will evaluate the swimmers and provide group placements and registration materials at the end of the week. Veteran swim team families will also be on hand to answer questions and share experiences.
The RAYS will begin practice for the fall/winter season Sept. 23. For more information or to reserve a spot at Rookie Week, visit www.rockriverymca.org/stingrays or contact Head Coach Liz Grace at LGrace@rockriverymca.org.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013