- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
River City Sound to participate in Sept. 18 Youth Harmony Workshop
Online Staff Report
STERLING, Ill. — Wednesday, Sept. 18, River City Sound Chorus will share its expertise and knowledge in the art of a capella singing, barbershop-style, at the Youth Harmony Workshop in Sterling, Ill. With just fewer than 300 girls and boys, and music teachers from 20 area high schools, this all-day workshop will include directing, section rehearsals, and choreography resulting in a performance that evening. The workshop will be at Sterling High School.
The event is sponsored by Rock River Valley Men’s Barbershop Chorus. River City Sound Chorus is a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, the largest women’s singing organization in the world.
River City Sound Chorus, under the direction of Master Director Joan Boutilier, competed regionally May 18 in Appleton, Wis. They won first place in the mid-size chorus category and first place overall with a score of 640; their personal best and a regional record.
River City Sound will travel to Baltimore in early November 2014 to compete on the international stage for the third time. They have also competed on the international stage in Denver in November 2012, placing 14th, and Seattle in October 2010, placing 28th.
River City Sound rehearses every Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. in the Community Building Complex of Boone County, 111 W. First St., Belvidere, Ill. For more information, contact Faith Ahrling, membership coordinator, at (815) 955-6185 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Ann Patel at (815) 519-0559 or email@example.com. River City Sound is online at www.rivercitysound.org.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013