- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
River City Sound to participate in Sept. 18 Youth Harmony Workshop
Online Staff Report
STERLING, Ill. — Wednesday, Sept. 18, River City Sound Chorus will share its expertise and knowledge in the art of a capella singing, barbershop-style, at the Youth Harmony Workshop in Sterling, Ill. With just fewer than 300 girls and boys, and music teachers from 20 area high schools, this all-day workshop will include directing, section rehearsals, and choreography resulting in a performance that evening. The workshop will be at Sterling High School.
The event is sponsored by Rock River Valley Men’s Barbershop Chorus. River City Sound Chorus is a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, the largest women’s singing organization in the world.
River City Sound Chorus, under the direction of Master Director Joan Boutilier, competed regionally May 18 in Appleton, Wis. They won first place in the mid-size chorus category and first place overall with a score of 640; their personal best and a regional record.
River City Sound will travel to Baltimore in early November 2014 to compete on the international stage for the third time. They have also competed on the international stage in Denver in November 2012, placing 14th, and Seattle in October 2010, placing 28th.
River City Sound rehearses every Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. in the Community Building Complex of Boone County, 111 W. First St., Belvidere, Ill. For more information, contact Faith Ahrling, membership coordinator, at (815) 955-6185 or email@example.com; or Ann Patel at (815) 519-0559 or firstname.lastname@example.org. River City Sound is online at www.rivercitysound.org.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013