- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere adds advanced MRI technology
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Rising health care costs continue to be a hot topic around the country and locally at SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere, 1625 S. State St., Belvidere, Ill. However, these rising costs aren’t stopping the medical center from providing state-of-the-art technologies to patients.
Medical Center/Belvidere’s new mobile MRI system is one of the most advanced MRI systems available. The new Signa HD 1.5T MRI system from GE Healthcare delivers some of the highest quality images on the market today. The advanced technology provides shorter exams and greater comfort for patients, all while providing higher diagnostic confidence for doctors.
“The Signa HD 1.5T MRI system complements and extends the range of quality diagnostic services that we offer residents of Belvidere and the surrounding areas,” said Administrator Dawna Menke. “It provides us with vastly improved image quality and imaging speed, and enhances the overall diagnostic confidence we have in all of our studies.”
The concept of mobile imaging is often misunderstood. Some people assume the quality of a “mobile” service is inferior to one that is permanently installed. In most cases, this is untrue. SwedishAmerican’s mobile MRI system provider, Shared Medical Services, is able to attain maximum efficiency by stopping at many local hospitals and clinics and sharing the costs. Distributing the costs among several health care organizations allows for better equipment and faster upgrades with less capital investment.
“With our new mobile solution, we are able to bring our community some of the best technology in the area and our patients don’t have to travel,” Menke said. “It’s a win-win for everyone.”
For more about MRI services at SwedishAmerican Medical Center in Belvidere, call the Medical Imaging Department at (815) 544-1341, or if you are a physician wanting to schedule an MRI, call SwedishAmerican’s Central Scheduling Department at (815) 391-7099.
Posted Sept. 11, 2013