- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Area Walgreens offer prescription discount to Crusader patients
Crusader Community Health, a nonprofit health center providing primary care services for people in need, is working with area Walgreens pharmacies to offer affordable and convenient prescription services to Crusader patients.
Through a federal drug-pricing program called 340B, Crusader patients who are uninsured may purchase most prescriptions at discounted prices at participating Walgreens pharmacies in Winnebago, Boone, Stephenson, DeKalb and Ogle counties in northern Illinois.
The 340B program provides prescription drugs at discounted prices to eligible hospitals and health centers, and aims to improve medication adherence and the overall health of the populations they serve by making medications more affordable.
“We applaud Walgreens for its willingness to build a relationship with us knowing that this program greatly expands affordable prescription access to uninsured patients,” said Gordon Eggers Jr., president and CEO, Crusader Community Health.
Many of the Walgreens locations offer evening and weekend hours, drive-thru pharmacies and select stores are open 24 hours.
Crusader Community Health will continue to provide pharmaceutical services at the 1200 W. State and 1100 Broadway Crusader pharmacies in Rockford.
Crusader Community Health serves the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Accredited by the Joint Commission, more than 46,000 patients of all ages depend on Crusader for medical, dental and preventive services. Crusader has four clinics in Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere. To schedule an appointment, call (815) 490-1600, or for more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue