- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Autumn on the Prairie set for Sept. 21 at Nachusa Grasslands
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — The Nature Conservancy’s Nachusa Grasslands Preserve will present its annual Autumn on the Prairie festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21.
The day’s activities include more than 25 steward-guided tours of restored native prairie and savannas, educational exhibits, butterfly hikes, self-guided prairie plant exploration hikes and rides through the prairie in a horse-drawn wagon. Additional activities include live music, local artists at work, activity tent and live raptor display.
This event is free and open to the public. Local vendors will be on site to provide food and beverages for purchase. This event is held rain or shine.
The preserve is 3 miles northwest of Franklin Grove at 8772 S. Lowden Road, Franklin Grove, Ill. Directional signs will be posted.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013