- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
Autumn on the Prairie set for Sept. 21 at Nachusa Grasslands
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — The Nature Conservancy’s Nachusa Grasslands Preserve will present its annual Autumn on the Prairie festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21.
The day’s activities include more than 25 steward-guided tours of restored native prairie and savannas, educational exhibits, butterfly hikes, self-guided prairie plant exploration hikes and rides through the prairie in a horse-drawn wagon. Additional activities include live music, local artists at work, activity tent and live raptor display.
This event is free and open to the public. Local vendors will be on site to provide food and beverages for purchase. This event is held rain or shine.
The preserve is 3 miles northwest of Franklin Grove at 8772 S. Lowden Road, Franklin Grove, Ill. Directional signs will be posted.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013