- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Autumn on the Prairie set for Sept. 21 at Nachusa Grasslands
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — The Nature Conservancy’s Nachusa Grasslands Preserve will present its annual Autumn on the Prairie festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21.
The day’s activities include more than 25 steward-guided tours of restored native prairie and savannas, educational exhibits, butterfly hikes, self-guided prairie plant exploration hikes and rides through the prairie in a horse-drawn wagon. Additional activities include live music, local artists at work, activity tent and live raptor display.
This event is free and open to the public. Local vendors will be on site to provide food and beverages for purchase. This event is held rain or shine.
The preserve is 3 miles northwest of Franklin Grove at 8772 S. Lowden Road, Franklin Grove, Ill. Directional signs will be posted.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013