- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Autumn on the Prairie set for Sept. 21 at Nachusa Grasslands
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — The Nature Conservancy’s Nachusa Grasslands Preserve will present its annual Autumn on the Prairie festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21.
The day’s activities include more than 25 steward-guided tours of restored native prairie and savannas, educational exhibits, butterfly hikes, self-guided prairie plant exploration hikes and rides through the prairie in a horse-drawn wagon. Additional activities include live music, local artists at work, activity tent and live raptor display.
This event is free and open to the public. Local vendors will be on site to provide food and beverages for purchase. This event is held rain or shine.
The preserve is 3 miles northwest of Franklin Grove at 8772 S. Lowden Road, Franklin Grove, Ill. Directional signs will be posted.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013