- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Autumn on the Prairie set for Sept. 21 at Nachusa Grasslands
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — The Nature Conservancy’s Nachusa Grasslands Preserve will present its annual Autumn on the Prairie festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21.
The day’s activities include more than 25 steward-guided tours of restored native prairie and savannas, educational exhibits, butterfly hikes, self-guided prairie plant exploration hikes and rides through the prairie in a horse-drawn wagon. Additional activities include live music, local artists at work, activity tent and live raptor display.
This event is free and open to the public. Local vendors will be on site to provide food and beverages for purchase. This event is held rain or shine.
The preserve is 3 miles northwest of Franklin Grove at 8772 S. Lowden Road, Franklin Grove, Ill. Directional signs will be posted.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013