- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra celebrates 60 years
The 2013-2014 season marks 60 years of beautiful music for the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra (BJSO). Over the course of those 60 years, the BJSO has been led by three distinguished maestros; a landmark that stands alone.
A Diamond Jubilee Anniversary gala is being held to commemorate this milestone at 6 p.m., Friday, Sept. 20, at the Country Club of Beloit. Past conductors Lewis Dalvit and Crawford Gates will both attend, along with the current music director, Robert Tomaro, and each will be honored throughout the evening.
A retrospective film will be debuted at the event honoring the symphony’s rich history and legacy. Each of the conductors will then share a stage of the Beloit Memorial High School Auditorium the following afternoon, as the 2013-2014 season kicks off at 3 p.m. They have each chosen a special piece to direct during this very meaningful concert.
A limited number of tickets are available for Sept. 20’s Gala, and there will not be tickets available at the door. Symphony supporters interested in attending can purchase tickets online at www.beloitjanesvillesymphony.org or by calling the symphony office at (608) 313-1200. Tickets are also still available to the Sept. 21 concert by phone, online or at the door, although patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets ahead of time.
Season subscriptions are also available. To keep with the 60th Anniversary Theme, an adult season subscription is priced at $60, individual adult tickets are $19, and college student tickets are $5.
New this season — active military personnel are able to attend any concert free of charge with an ID, as are children grades kindergarten through 12th.
For more about the BJSO, visit www.beloitjanesvillesymphony.org or call (608) 313-1200.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013