- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra celebrates 60 years
The 2013-2014 season marks 60 years of beautiful music for the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra (BJSO). Over the course of those 60 years, the BJSO has been led by three distinguished maestros; a landmark that stands alone.
A Diamond Jubilee Anniversary gala is being held to commemorate this milestone at 6 p.m., Friday, Sept. 20, at the Country Club of Beloit. Past conductors Lewis Dalvit and Crawford Gates will both attend, along with the current music director, Robert Tomaro, and each will be honored throughout the evening.
A retrospective film will be debuted at the event honoring the symphony’s rich history and legacy. Each of the conductors will then share a stage of the Beloit Memorial High School Auditorium the following afternoon, as the 2013-2014 season kicks off at 3 p.m. They have each chosen a special piece to direct during this very meaningful concert.
A limited number of tickets are available for Sept. 20’s Gala, and there will not be tickets available at the door. Symphony supporters interested in attending can purchase tickets online at www.beloitjanesvillesymphony.org or by calling the symphony office at (608) 313-1200. Tickets are also still available to the Sept. 21 concert by phone, online or at the door, although patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets ahead of time.
Season subscriptions are also available. To keep with the 60th Anniversary Theme, an adult season subscription is priced at $60, individual adult tickets are $19, and college student tickets are $5.
New this season — active military personnel are able to attend any concert free of charge with an ID, as are children grades kindergarten through 12th.
For more about the BJSO, visit www.beloitjanesvillesymphony.org or call (608) 313-1200.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013