- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Brass ensemble benefit concert at Timber Lake Playhouse Sept. 21
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — The M A Brass Ensemble will perform a benefit concert for Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) Saturday, Sept. 21, at the theater in Mount Carroll, Ill.
TLP has been a cultural cornerstone of northwestern Illinois for 52 summers, and both the playhouse and the brass ensemble are excited about this first joint venture.
The one-night-only concert event will begin at 7 p.m. at TLP. General admission is $15 at the door. Large groups may purchase in advance at (815) 244-2035.
M A Brass includes Aaron White, Jon James and Elizabeth Judd of Sterling, Ill., Mark Dempsey of Dixon, Ill., and Mark Bressler of Mount Carroll, Ill. The regionally renowned musicians will perform an evening of American standards.
“M A Brass would like to thank Timber Lake Playhouse for helping us bring live music to people everywhere,” White said.
TLP Executive Director James Beaudry added: “Music is such an integral part of what we do, and we’re proud to employ professional musicians for all of our musicals at TLP. When we were approached by the ensemble about a concert, we were thrilled to be a part of it.”
Later this fall, TLP will present the third annual interactive presentation of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at 9:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 26. Tickets are $15 and are available by calling (815) 244-2035 or at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org. Interactive prop bags may be purchased for $10 each.
TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road in rural Mount Carroll, Ill.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013