- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Brass ensemble benefit concert at Timber Lake Playhouse Sept. 21
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — The M A Brass Ensemble will perform a benefit concert for Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) Saturday, Sept. 21, at the theater in Mount Carroll, Ill.
TLP has been a cultural cornerstone of northwestern Illinois for 52 summers, and both the playhouse and the brass ensemble are excited about this first joint venture.
The one-night-only concert event will begin at 7 p.m. at TLP. General admission is $15 at the door. Large groups may purchase in advance at (815) 244-2035.
M A Brass includes Aaron White, Jon James and Elizabeth Judd of Sterling, Ill., Mark Dempsey of Dixon, Ill., and Mark Bressler of Mount Carroll, Ill. The regionally renowned musicians will perform an evening of American standards.
“M A Brass would like to thank Timber Lake Playhouse for helping us bring live music to people everywhere,” White said.
TLP Executive Director James Beaudry added: “Music is such an integral part of what we do, and we’re proud to employ professional musicians for all of our musicals at TLP. When we were approached by the ensemble about a concert, we were thrilled to be a part of it.”
Later this fall, TLP will present the third annual interactive presentation of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at 9:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 26. Tickets are $15 and are available by calling (815) 244-2035 or at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org. Interactive prop bags may be purchased for $10 each.
TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road in rural Mount Carroll, Ill.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013