- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Easter Seals hosts open house at new South Fifth Street location
The Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism will host an open house at its new location, 615 S. Fifth St., Rockford, from 3 to 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19. Event is free and open to the public.
Easter Seals grew out of its facility on North Main Street, Rockford, and moved to its current location at the Patriots’ Gateway Community Center a few weeks ago. After painting all of the classrooms, re-finishing the floors and moving in, the Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism has been holding classes in its new building.
Nearly 100 school districts in central and northern Illinois, extending into Wisconsin and the Chicagoland area, partner with Easter Seals to provide individualized educational programs for students with autism and related intellectual disabilities.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue