- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Easter Seals hosts open house at new South Fifth Street location
The Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism will host an open house at its new location, 615 S. Fifth St., Rockford, from 3 to 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19. Event is free and open to the public.
Easter Seals grew out of its facility on North Main Street, Rockford, and moved to its current location at the Patriots’ Gateway Community Center a few weeks ago. After painting all of the classrooms, re-finishing the floors and moving in, the Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism has been holding classes in its new building.
Nearly 100 school districts in central and northern Illinois, extending into Wisconsin and the Chicagoland area, partner with Easter Seals to provide individualized educational programs for students with autism and related intellectual disabilities.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue