- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Easter Seals hosts open house at new South Fifth Street location
The Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism will host an open house at its new location, 615 S. Fifth St., Rockford, from 3 to 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19. Event is free and open to the public.
Easter Seals grew out of its facility on North Main Street, Rockford, and moved to its current location at the Patriots’ Gateway Community Center a few weeks ago. After painting all of the classrooms, re-finishing the floors and moving in, the Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism has been holding classes in its new building.
Nearly 100 school districts in central and northern Illinois, extending into Wisconsin and the Chicagoland area, partner with Easter Seals to provide individualized educational programs for students with autism and related intellectual disabilities.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue