- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Easter Seals hosts open house at new South Fifth Street location
The Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism will host an open house at its new location, 615 S. Fifth St., Rockford, from 3 to 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19. Event is free and open to the public.
Easter Seals grew out of its facility on North Main Street, Rockford, and moved to its current location at the Patriots’ Gateway Community Center a few weeks ago. After painting all of the classrooms, re-finishing the floors and moving in, the Easter Seals Therapeutic School and Center For Autism has been holding classes in its new building.
Nearly 100 school districts in central and northern Illinois, extending into Wisconsin and the Chicagoland area, partner with Easter Seals to provide individualized educational programs for students with autism and related intellectual disabilities.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue