- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Nicholas Conservatory hosts volunteer open houses Sept. 19, 21
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens invites those interested in volunteering at the conservatory and gardens, and the Nicholas Conservatory campus, to attend one of two on-site open houses, either Thursday, Sept. 19, from 2 until 6 p.m., or Saturday, Sept. 21, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
Stations will be set up in the conservatory’s meeting room, where prospective volunteers who want to contribute their time and talents toward the Park District’s mission to “Help People Enjoy Life” can complete an online application and hear an overview of opportunities. All interested parties who fill out an application can tour the gardens free of charge for the day.
Volunteer opportunities include greeter, horticulture work, docent, field trip assistant, activities volunteer and special events volunteer.
For those attending an open house for whom an auxiliary aid or service (sign language interpreter, assistive listening device or other support) is required to ensure effective communication, call (815) 987-8800 (TTY, 888-871-6171) 48 hours in advance for assistance or disability support.
To learn more about Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens and its programs, events, facility rentals, group activities and school field trips, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or call (815) 987-8858. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
To learn more about the variety of Rockford Park District volunteer opportunities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click About Us, then Careers/Volunteer) or contact Human Resources at (815) 987-1608.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue