- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Northern Illinois Hospice receives perfect score on state inspection
Northern Illinois Hospice has had its license to provide care renewed by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) after receiving a perfect score on its licensing and certification inspection. The unannounced inspection resulted in zero deficiencies.
All hospices providing care in Illinois must be licensed by the IDPH. The IDPH inspects Illinois hospices to ensure all federal and state regulations are followed in the deliverance of care. During these unannounced inspections, IDPH observes hospice staff during visits with patients, reviews patient records, interviews clinical staff and management, and assesses the hospice’s overall program for regulatory compliance and quality care.
“We know we’re on the right track with our approach to hospice care, yet it’s absolutely reaffirming to get a regulator’s perspective,” said Northern Illinois Hospice Executive Director Lisa Novak. “Through its inspection, the Illinois Department of Public Health has confirmed Northern Illinois Hospice fully complies with federal and state regulations.”
Carol Moll, president of Northern Illinois Hospice’s volunteer board of directors, added: “Congratulations to our staff. Terminally ill individuals in our community have many hospices to choose from, but they’re not all the same. Our perfect score reflects our excellent standards.”
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice (a 501(c)(3) organization) provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and grief support groups for hospice families and the community. For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue