- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Northwest Theater Coalition presents ‘Queen of the Cow Towns’
Mike Craver travels from his North Carolina home to northwest Illinois this month to once again delight local audiences. Craver is a talented singer, composer and writer of off-Broadway musicals such as Smoke on the Mountain, Radio Gals and Bosh and Moonshine. In 2009, Craver performed with the Mighty Richland Players, Orangeville, Ill., as the comical Mould, the undertaker in Bosh and Moonshine. Over the next three years, Craver returned to Illinois to perform as Mould in the premier musicals Belle of the Wabash, Sarah Bernhardt in Texas, and Oklahoma Hale and Damnation.
Friday, Sept. 20, Mould, the undertaker, once again appears in Orangeville in Craver’s fourth premiere musical comedy, The Queen of the Cow Towns. He will share the stage with other well-known local talents such as Terrie Miller, Phil Jackman, Mary Jo Frederick and Reynold Nolan.
“This is a must-see show,” said Director Peter Woodruff. “Mike’s wonderful music gets better each year, and this year he has outdone himself! And how often do we get to see someone of such renown and talent in our little corner of the world?”
Show dates and venues are as follow:
Sept. 20 and 21, 7:30 p.m., and Sept. 22, 2 p.m., at Masonic Hall, 203 High St., in Orangeville. Reservations preferred for this dessert theater show. Tickets are $20, and available through the Monroe Arts Center, (608) 325-5700.
Sept. 27 and 28, 7:30 p.m., and Sept. 29, 2 p.m., at Metcalf Center, Mount Carroll. Advanced tickets are $10, and $12 at the door. Tickets are available through the Stockton Banking Center, (815) 947-2000 and the National Bank in Mt. Carroll, (815) 244-2265.
Oct. 4 and 5, 7:30 p.m., at Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., in Hanover. Tickets are $12 and are available by calling (815) 244-1014.
Queen of the Cow Towns is a Northwest Illinois Theater Coalition production.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013