- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rosie’s Birthday Club fund-raiser set for Sept. 26 at Radisson
Rosie’s Birthday Club will be having its fourth annual “Have Your Cake and Eat it, Too” fund-raiser from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 26, at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Tickets are $50 (a corporate table is $375) and include meal, beverage and dessert.
Celebrate with live cake-decorating and a cake auction to benefit Rosie’s. See what a dozen local celebrities, teamed up with professional bakers, can dream up. Help Rosie’s by bidding at the auction to take home one of the cakes. Other raffle prizes will also be awarded.
Rosie’s Birthday Club is a nonprofit organization of volunteers who believe all children should be honored on the one day that belongs just to them. With community centers, churches and other organizations that serve children, the group provides a gift and party to celebrate those who might otherwise be forgotten.
Rosie’s Birthday Club provides birthday presents and birthday parties for children at Northwest Community Center Boys & Girls Club, Carlson Boys & Girls Club, Blackhawk Boys & Girls Club, Second Congregational Church and RockHouse Kids. Rosie’s Birthday Club has been creating special moments in the lives of these children.
To make reservations for “Have Your Cake and Eat it, Too” or for more about Rosie’s Birthday Club, visit www.rosiesbirthdayclub.org or contact Vicki Benson at (815) 543-7770.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013