- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Rosie’s Birthday Club fund-raiser set for Sept. 26 at Radisson
Rosie’s Birthday Club will be having its fourth annual “Have Your Cake and Eat it, Too” fund-raiser from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 26, at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Tickets are $50 (a corporate table is $375) and include meal, beverage and dessert.
Celebrate with live cake-decorating and a cake auction to benefit Rosie’s. See what a dozen local celebrities, teamed up with professional bakers, can dream up. Help Rosie’s by bidding at the auction to take home one of the cakes. Other raffle prizes will also be awarded.
Rosie’s Birthday Club is a nonprofit organization of volunteers who believe all children should be honored on the one day that belongs just to them. With community centers, churches and other organizations that serve children, the group provides a gift and party to celebrate those who might otherwise be forgotten.
Rosie’s Birthday Club provides birthday presents and birthday parties for children at Northwest Community Center Boys & Girls Club, Carlson Boys & Girls Club, Blackhawk Boys & Girls Club, Second Congregational Church and RockHouse Kids. Rosie’s Birthday Club has been creating special moments in the lives of these children.
To make reservations for “Have Your Cake and Eat it, Too” or for more about Rosie’s Birthday Club, visit www.rosiesbirthdayclub.org or contact Vicki Benson at (815) 543-7770.
Posted Sept. 18, 2013