- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
RSO announces new orchestra members
Music Director Steve Larsen and the Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) have announced the appointments of five new members, as follow, for the 2013/14 season:
Colleen Corning, clarinet — Corning served as principal clarinetist with the Chicago College of Performing Arts Symphony and the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra. She performs with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and the Chicago Civic Orchestra.
Matthew Gaunt, principal tuba — Gaunt has performed with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. He performs with multiple chamber ensembles, including Chicago Chamber Musicians, Rhythm and Brass, Burning River Brass, and Proteus 7.
Derek Handley, cello — Handley performs with multiple orchestras including the Grant Park Symphony Orchestra, South Bend Symphony Orchestra, and the Milwaukee Symphony. He is the principal cello at the Lira Symphony.
Chris Polen, bass — Polen has held positions with the Aspen Philharmonic Orchestra and Carmel Symphony Orchestra. He performs with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and is the principal bass of the Civic Orchestra of Chicago.
Eric Pudluski, violin — Pudluski is a violinist with the Lake Forest Symphony Orchestra, Peoria Symphony Orchestra, Illinois Symphony Orchestra and the Oistrach Symphony Orchestra. He served as concertmaster of the DePaul University Symphony Orchestra and has held positions with the Civic Orchestra of Chicago as well as the Beethoven Festival Orchestra.
The RSO, which performs at the Coronado Performing Arts Center in downtown Rockford, begins its season with its Opening Night Gala Saturday, Sept. 21. Visit rockfordsymphony.com or call (815) 965-0049 for more details.
From the Sept. 18-24, 2013, issue