- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
State Police District 16 welcomes new trooper
Illinois State Police District 16 Commander, Capt. Jeff Bain has announced the addition of a new trooper to District 16. Trooper Stephen Olson was assigned to District 16 in Pecatonica, Ill., after graduating from the Illinois State Police Academy. Trooper Olson was a member of Cadet Class No. 121, which graduated July 26.
Trooper Olson is a Machesney Park Harlem High School graduate and graduated with an associate’s degree in criminal justice from Elgin Community College. Trooper Olson, a 4 1/2-year veteran of the Loves Park Police Department, resides in Stephenson County.
After completing the Illinois State Police’s six-month training academy, Trooper Olson was recently welcomed to District 16. “Olson has now begun the field training phase of his training,” Bain said. “I’m confident he will do an excellent job and am honored he chose to join the ranks of the Illinois State Police.”
Posted Sept. 18, 2013