- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
State Police District 16 welcomes new trooper
Illinois State Police District 16 Commander, Capt. Jeff Bain has announced the addition of a new trooper to District 16. Trooper Stephen Olson was assigned to District 16 in Pecatonica, Ill., after graduating from the Illinois State Police Academy. Trooper Olson was a member of Cadet Class No. 121, which graduated July 26.
Trooper Olson is a Machesney Park Harlem High School graduate and graduated with an associate’s degree in criminal justice from Elgin Community College. Trooper Olson, a 4 1/2-year veteran of the Loves Park Police Department, resides in Stephenson County.
After completing the Illinois State Police’s six-month training academy, Trooper Olson was recently welcomed to District 16. “Olson has now begun the field training phase of his training,” Bain said. “I’m confident he will do an excellent job and am honored he chose to join the ranks of the Illinois State Police.”
Posted Sept. 18, 2013