- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Corn maze to open at Camp Winnebago Sept. 28
The YMCA’s Camp Winnebago opens its first-ever corn maze Sept. 28, spanning 14 acres and holding 5.8 miles of trail. As one of Rockford’s only corn mazes, it will be hours of fun for family and friends. Find your way though the Winnebago Native American and Bison maze, or make it through the Stallion maze.
The corn maze isn’t the only fun you can have out at Camp Winnebago this year. Stop by Curran’s Apple Orchard’s booth for apple cider donuts or freshly-picked apples, take a spin on the YMCA pedal carts, or shoot down the Black Hole Slide. Food and face-painting make your visit to camp complete.
Camp Winnebago is at 5804 N. Main St., Rockford. The maze will open at 11 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 28, and will be open through November. Operating hours are 5-9 p.m., Fridays; 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturdays; and 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Sundays. Admission is $9 for adults and $6 for children ages 5-11. Group reservations will also be available for private functions. Contact Camp Winnebago for more information at (815) 489-1174.
Posted Sept. 25, 2013