- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
New VP, chief nursing officer at Saint Anthony
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has announced that Colleen Klein, Ph.D., has been named the new vice president of patient care services/chief nursing officer of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, effective Sept. 29.
Klein has worked at OSF for approximately 17 years, working in various roles, including faculty at Saint Anthony College of Nursing; director of Professional Development, Research and Palliative Care; and Magnet program director. She has demonstrated leadership in the areas of professional practice, research and shared governance within Saint Anthony and OSF Healthcare System.
Klein holds a Doctor of Philosophy: Educational Administration and Foundations from Illinois State University in Normal. She earned her master of science degree and post-master’s family nurse practitioner from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. She is a diploma R.N. graduate of the Saint Anthony Hospital School of Nursing. As an alumnus, Klein holds the office of president of Saint Anthony Nurses’ Alumni Association. She is board certified as a family nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Klein is published in multiple nursing journals and has made numerous professional presentations nationally and regionally, representing OSF Saint Anthony in the broader professional community.
From the Sept. 25-Oct. 1, 2013, issue