- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
NFL Flag Football leads donation drive for Rockford homeless students
Rockford Park District’s NFL Flag Football program will be hosting a donation drive for new underwear for Rockford Public School homeless students in need.
This year, more than 1,200 students have been referred to the Rockford Public Schools Homeless Program. Students are in need of basics such as socks, T-shirts and underwear.
The drive will take place from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Sept. 28, at Brown Park, 2010 N. Main St., Rockford. A collection bin will also be available at two Rockford Park District locations: Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, Ill., and Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford.
For more information or to make a donation, contact Lamont Jones, manager of youth sports, at (815) 962-7415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Sept. 25, 2013