- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
NFL Flag Football leads donation drive for Rockford homeless students
Rockford Park District’s NFL Flag Football program will be hosting a donation drive for new underwear for Rockford Public School homeless students in need.
This year, more than 1,200 students have been referred to the Rockford Public Schools Homeless Program. Students are in need of basics such as socks, T-shirts and underwear.
The drive will take place from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Sept. 28, at Brown Park, 2010 N. Main St., Rockford. A collection bin will also be available at two Rockford Park District locations: Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, Ill., and Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford.
For more information or to make a donation, contact Lamont Jones, manager of youth sports, at (815) 962-7415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Sept. 25, 2013