- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
NFL Flag Football leads donation drive for Rockford homeless students
Rockford Park District’s NFL Flag Football program will be hosting a donation drive for new underwear for Rockford Public School homeless students in need.
This year, more than 1,200 students have been referred to the Rockford Public Schools Homeless Program. Students are in need of basics such as socks, T-shirts and underwear.
The drive will take place from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Sept. 28, at Brown Park, 2010 N. Main St., Rockford. A collection bin will also be available at two Rockford Park District locations: Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, Ill., and Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford.
For more information or to make a donation, contact Lamont Jones, manager of youth sports, at (815) 962-7415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Sept. 25, 2013