- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
NFL Flag Football leads donation drive for Rockford homeless students
Rockford Park District’s NFL Flag Football program will be hosting a donation drive for new underwear for Rockford Public School homeless students in need.
This year, more than 1,200 students have been referred to the Rockford Public Schools Homeless Program. Students are in need of basics such as socks, T-shirts and underwear.
The drive will take place from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Sept. 28, at Brown Park, 2010 N. Main St., Rockford. A collection bin will also be available at two Rockford Park District locations: Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, Ill., and Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford.
For more information or to make a donation, contact Lamont Jones, manager of youth sports, at (815) 962-7415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Sept. 25, 2013