- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
NFL Flag Football leads donation drive for Rockford homeless students
Rockford Park District’s NFL Flag Football program will be hosting a donation drive for new underwear for Rockford Public School homeless students in need.
This year, more than 1,200 students have been referred to the Rockford Public Schools Homeless Program. Students are in need of basics such as socks, T-shirts and underwear.
The drive will take place from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Sept. 28, at Brown Park, 2010 N. Main St., Rockford. A collection bin will also be available at two Rockford Park District locations: Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, Ill., and Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford.
For more information or to make a donation, contact Lamont Jones, manager of youth sports, at (815) 962-7415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Sept. 25, 2013