- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Oertel joins Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful
“Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is excited to announce that Courtney Oertel of Rockford has joined our staff as special gifts and programs manager,” said Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) Executive Director Lori Gummow. “She has an extensive background in special events, fund development and communications.
“We began introducing Courtney to our volunteers at the opening of our new Recycle Center in Rockford Sept. 14,” Gummow continued. “We look forward to benefiting from her expertise in nonprofits and marketing as she manages our series of recycling drives and our Earth Day Luncheon in April.”
Oertel studied at Aalborg University (Denmark) in the international relations and development graduate program. In addition, she holds dual bachelor’s degrees from Prescott College in nonprofit development and photography. While growing up in Rockford, she attended Keith Country Day School.
Oertel also runs her own special events management business — Ren Events. She serves on the advisory board of Rockford’s “Our City Our Story” and has a professional development mentorship with the Crusader Community Health Foundation.
For 25 years, KNIB has served the stateline by offering educational programs promoting the reduction of waste and increased reuse and recycling of materials to preserve our natural resources for future generations. For additional information about recycling events or to volunteer, call (815) 637-1343, visit the website at www.knib.org, or like the organization’s page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/keepnorthernillinoisbeautiful.
From the Sept. 25-Oct. 1, 2013, issue