- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Oertel joins Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful
“Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is excited to announce that Courtney Oertel of Rockford has joined our staff as special gifts and programs manager,” said Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) Executive Director Lori Gummow. “She has an extensive background in special events, fund development and communications.
“We began introducing Courtney to our volunteers at the opening of our new Recycle Center in Rockford Sept. 14,” Gummow continued. “We look forward to benefiting from her expertise in nonprofits and marketing as she manages our series of recycling drives and our Earth Day Luncheon in April.”
Oertel studied at Aalborg University (Denmark) in the international relations and development graduate program. In addition, she holds dual bachelor’s degrees from Prescott College in nonprofit development and photography. While growing up in Rockford, she attended Keith Country Day School.
Oertel also runs her own special events management business — Ren Events. She serves on the advisory board of Rockford’s “Our City Our Story” and has a professional development mentorship with the Crusader Community Health Foundation.
For 25 years, KNIB has served the stateline by offering educational programs promoting the reduction of waste and increased reuse and recycling of materials to preserve our natural resources for future generations. For additional information about recycling events or to volunteer, call (815) 637-1343, visit the website at www.knib.org, or like the organization’s page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/keepnorthernillinoisbeautiful.
From the Sept. 25-Oct. 1, 2013, issue