- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Used Art Sale runs Oct. 1-31 at JustGoods fair trade store gallery
Oct. 1-31, Rockford Urban Ministries (RUM) will be hosting its sixth annual “Used Art Sale” at 201 Seventh St., Rockford, in the JustGoods fair trade store gallery.
The “used art” gallery is open during JustGoods fair trade store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Saturday.
Art has been donated by local artists and craftspeople as well as by supporters of RUM. Peace Corps posters (special price, $10) developed by the returnees from Madison, Wis., will also be featured. The sale includes a special selection of Rockford memorabilia, posters and pictures as well as textiles from Cuba and Japan, and affordable “found objects” for inventive artists, small postcards and a large selection of art books.
The art is priced to sell, and JustGoods Gallery is free and open to the public. All proceeds benefit RUM and its partner projects. RUM’s latest project is hosting a work camp for large groups of volunteers to work on indigent peoples’ homes.
Donations are still being accepted for the sale. Anything that could be considered art is welcome. Donations may be dropped off at the gallery at 201 Seventh St. during store hours, or call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for pick up or special arrangements.
From the Sept. 25-Oct. 1, 2013, issue