- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Used Art Sale runs Oct. 1-31 at JustGoods fair trade store gallery
Oct. 1-31, Rockford Urban Ministries (RUM) will be hosting its sixth annual “Used Art Sale” at 201 Seventh St., Rockford, in the JustGoods fair trade store gallery.
The “used art” gallery is open during JustGoods fair trade store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Saturday.
Art has been donated by local artists and craftspeople as well as by supporters of RUM. Peace Corps posters (special price, $10) developed by the returnees from Madison, Wis., will also be featured. The sale includes a special selection of Rockford memorabilia, posters and pictures as well as textiles from Cuba and Japan, and affordable “found objects” for inventive artists, small postcards and a large selection of art books.
The art is priced to sell, and JustGoods Gallery is free and open to the public. All proceeds benefit RUM and its partner projects. RUM’s latest project is hosting a work camp for large groups of volunteers to work on indigent peoples’ homes.
Donations are still being accepted for the sale. Anything that could be considered art is welcome. Donations may be dropped off at the gallery at 201 Seventh St. during store hours, or call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for pick up or special arrangements.
From the Sept. 25-Oct. 1, 2013, issue