- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Used Art Sale runs Oct. 1-31 at JustGoods fair trade store gallery
Oct. 1-31, Rockford Urban Ministries (RUM) will be hosting its sixth annual “Used Art Sale” at 201 Seventh St., Rockford, in the JustGoods fair trade store gallery.
The “used art” gallery is open during JustGoods fair trade store hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Saturday.
Art has been donated by local artists and craftspeople as well as by supporters of RUM. Peace Corps posters (special price, $10) developed by the returnees from Madison, Wis., will also be featured. The sale includes a special selection of Rockford memorabilia, posters and pictures as well as textiles from Cuba and Japan, and affordable “found objects” for inventive artists, small postcards and a large selection of art books.
The art is priced to sell, and JustGoods Gallery is free and open to the public. All proceeds benefit RUM and its partner projects. RUM’s latest project is hosting a work camp for large groups of volunteers to work on indigent peoples’ homes.
Donations are still being accepted for the sale. Anything that could be considered art is welcome. Donations may be dropped off at the gallery at 201 Seventh St. during store hours, or call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for pick up or special arrangements.
From the Sept. 25-Oct. 1, 2013, issue