- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Arts Council presents State of the Arts Awards Oct. 1 at Radisson
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council hosts the 2013 State of the Arts Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 1, at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s annual fund-raiser will honor recipients of the Mayor’s Arts Awards and celebrate achievements in the arts for the past year. Awards will be given to: Individual Artist/Arts Advocate, Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact and Creative Cultural Event.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Learn more at www.artsforeveryone.com.
Posted Sept. 26, 2013