- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Arts Council presents State of the Arts Awards Oct. 1 at Radisson
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council hosts the 2013 State of the Arts Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 1, at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s annual fund-raiser will honor recipients of the Mayor’s Arts Awards and celebrate achievements in the arts for the past year. Awards will be given to: Individual Artist/Arts Advocate, Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact and Creative Cultural Event.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Learn more at www.artsforeveryone.com.
Posted Sept. 26, 2013