- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Arts Council presents State of the Arts Awards Oct. 1 at Radisson
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council hosts the 2013 State of the Arts Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 1, at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s annual fund-raiser will honor recipients of the Mayor’s Arts Awards and celebrate achievements in the arts for the past year. Awards will be given to: Individual Artist/Arts Advocate, Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact and Creative Cultural Event.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Learn more at www.artsforeveryone.com.
Posted Sept. 26, 2013