- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Arts Council presents State of the Arts Awards Oct. 1 at Radisson
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council hosts the 2013 State of the Arts Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 1, at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s annual fund-raiser will honor recipients of the Mayor’s Arts Awards and celebrate achievements in the arts for the past year. Awards will be given to: Individual Artist/Arts Advocate, Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact and Creative Cultural Event.
The Rockford Area Arts Council supports, promotes and develops the arts for everyone in the northern Illinois region. The Arts Council is guided by the vision of a community in which everyone enjoys and participates in the arts — and a community in which successful artists and arts organizations contribute to the vitality of the economy and quality of life. Learn more at www.artsforeveryone.com.
Posted Sept. 26, 2013