- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
State Police post approved concealed carry firearms training curricula
Online Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Illinois State Police (ISP) officials announced Sept. 30 that a list of all currently approved concealed carry firearms training curricula is now available on the ISP website at http://www.isp.state.il.us/.
Approved curricula are ready for use and available for all skills required by the Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act, such as firearm safety; basic principles of marksmanship; care, cleaning, loading and unloading of a concealable firearm; transportation of a firearm; and instruction about the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm. Approved instructors with access to approved curricula may begin instruction immediately.
The department has also updated its approved firearms instructor registry, which includes a range of instructors who have met all eligibility guidelines and requirements. A significant number of firearms instructor applications received were either incomplete or contained errors. Letters have been sent to affected instructor applicants for correction.
These applications will be processed further upon receipt of the requested information.
Approved instructors will receive a packet containing instructions outlining their responsibilities for the training under the act. This packet will also contain a Certificate of Completion form that instructors will issue to class attendees upon successful completion of training.
Training based on approved curricula may begin immediately. Concealed Carry License applications will be available by Jan. 5, 2014.
The Illinois State Police regularly updates its Concealed Carry FAQs with information regarding the Illinois Concealed Carry process. Updates may be found at http://www.isp.state.il.us/.
Posted Sept. 30, 2013