- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
George Marshbanks joins Army Recruiting Center
Staff Sgt. George Marshbanks has joined the recruiting team at the United States Army Rockford Recruiting Center.
Marshbanks will serve the Rockford community and surrounding area as the assistant center commander at the Rockford Center, 621 Highgrove Place.
He is a career recruiter and has been in the Army for more than 13 years.
Marshbanks looks forward to assisting the community of Rockford and the surrounding area with information about Army opportunities and hopes individuals and families will look to him as a resource.
As a recruiter, Marshbanks will provide the youth of the Rockford community and the surrounding area the opportunity to enlist in to the Future Soldier Program. The program gives young men and women the opportunity to delay reporting for basic training for up to 365 days. An enlistment in the Army gives new soldiers the chance to learn a new skill, serve their country, and become eligible to receive up to $83,448 toward a college education, $65,000 for repayment of college loans or a maximum $40,000 cash bonus.
To contact Marshbanks, call (815) 226-4780.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013