- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
George Marshbanks joins Army Recruiting Center
Staff Sgt. George Marshbanks has joined the recruiting team at the United States Army Rockford Recruiting Center.
Marshbanks will serve the Rockford community and surrounding area as the assistant center commander at the Rockford Center, 621 Highgrove Place.
He is a career recruiter and has been in the Army for more than 13 years.
Marshbanks looks forward to assisting the community of Rockford and the surrounding area with information about Army opportunities and hopes individuals and families will look to him as a resource.
As a recruiter, Marshbanks will provide the youth of the Rockford community and the surrounding area the opportunity to enlist in to the Future Soldier Program. The program gives young men and women the opportunity to delay reporting for basic training for up to 365 days. An enlistment in the Army gives new soldiers the chance to learn a new skill, serve their country, and become eligible to receive up to $83,448 toward a college education, $65,000 for repayment of college loans or a maximum $40,000 cash bonus.
To contact Marshbanks, call (815) 226-4780.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013