- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
George Marshbanks joins Army Recruiting Center
Staff Sgt. George Marshbanks has joined the recruiting team at the United States Army Rockford Recruiting Center.
Marshbanks will serve the Rockford community and surrounding area as the assistant center commander at the Rockford Center, 621 Highgrove Place.
He is a career recruiter and has been in the Army for more than 13 years.
Marshbanks looks forward to assisting the community of Rockford and the surrounding area with information about Army opportunities and hopes individuals and families will look to him as a resource.
As a recruiter, Marshbanks will provide the youth of the Rockford community and the surrounding area the opportunity to enlist in to the Future Soldier Program. The program gives young men and women the opportunity to delay reporting for basic training for up to 365 days. An enlistment in the Army gives new soldiers the chance to learn a new skill, serve their country, and become eligible to receive up to $83,448 toward a college education, $65,000 for repayment of college loans or a maximum $40,000 cash bonus.
To contact Marshbanks, call (815) 226-4780.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013