- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
George Marshbanks joins Army Recruiting Center
Staff Sgt. George Marshbanks has joined the recruiting team at the United States Army Rockford Recruiting Center.
Marshbanks will serve the Rockford community and surrounding area as the assistant center commander at the Rockford Center, 621 Highgrove Place.
He is a career recruiter and has been in the Army for more than 13 years.
Marshbanks looks forward to assisting the community of Rockford and the surrounding area with information about Army opportunities and hopes individuals and families will look to him as a resource.
As a recruiter, Marshbanks will provide the youth of the Rockford community and the surrounding area the opportunity to enlist in to the Future Soldier Program. The program gives young men and women the opportunity to delay reporting for basic training for up to 365 days. An enlistment in the Army gives new soldiers the chance to learn a new skill, serve their country, and become eligible to receive up to $83,448 toward a college education, $65,000 for repayment of college loans or a maximum $40,000 cash bonus.
To contact Marshbanks, call (815) 226-4780.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013