- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
George Marshbanks joins Army Recruiting Center
Staff Sgt. George Marshbanks has joined the recruiting team at the United States Army Rockford Recruiting Center.
Marshbanks will serve the Rockford community and surrounding area as the assistant center commander at the Rockford Center, 621 Highgrove Place.
He is a career recruiter and has been in the Army for more than 13 years.
Marshbanks looks forward to assisting the community of Rockford and the surrounding area with information about Army opportunities and hopes individuals and families will look to him as a resource.
As a recruiter, Marshbanks will provide the youth of the Rockford community and the surrounding area the opportunity to enlist in to the Future Soldier Program. The program gives young men and women the opportunity to delay reporting for basic training for up to 365 days. An enlistment in the Army gives new soldiers the chance to learn a new skill, serve their country, and become eligible to receive up to $83,448 toward a college education, $65,000 for repayment of college loans or a maximum $40,000 cash bonus.
To contact Marshbanks, call (815) 226-4780.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013