- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Great Home Giveaway winners announced
Barb Clark of LaCrosse, Wis., is the grand-prize winner of the 21st Great Home Giveaway. She gets to choose the $100,000 cash prize or the home at 8420 Blue River Road, Rockford. Clark is making the four-and-a-half-hour trip to Rockford Saturday, Oct. 5, to receive her prize. Her family will be seeing the house for the first time. With two sons in college and an elderly mom at home, there are lots of dreams that can come true because of this win.
The 50/50 Raffle winner is Sandy Stansell of Caledonia, Ill. Stansell received half of the total amount raised of $18,975. She hasn’t decided what she will spend her winnings on.
Proceeds of the 21st Great Home Giveaway go to The Arc to help families raise children diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities at home and to support adults to live in their communities, participating with work, worship, family and friends.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013