- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Great Home Giveaway winners announced
Barb Clark of LaCrosse, Wis., is the grand-prize winner of the 21st Great Home Giveaway. She gets to choose the $100,000 cash prize or the home at 8420 Blue River Road, Rockford. Clark is making the four-and-a-half-hour trip to Rockford Saturday, Oct. 5, to receive her prize. Her family will be seeing the house for the first time. With two sons in college and an elderly mom at home, there are lots of dreams that can come true because of this win.
The 50/50 Raffle winner is Sandy Stansell of Caledonia, Ill. Stansell received half of the total amount raised of $18,975. She hasn’t decided what she will spend her winnings on.
Proceeds of the 21st Great Home Giveaway go to The Arc to help families raise children diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities at home and to support adults to live in their communities, participating with work, worship, family and friends.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013