- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Great Home Giveaway winners announced
Barb Clark of LaCrosse, Wis., is the grand-prize winner of the 21st Great Home Giveaway. She gets to choose the $100,000 cash prize or the home at 8420 Blue River Road, Rockford. Clark is making the four-and-a-half-hour trip to Rockford Saturday, Oct. 5, to receive her prize. Her family will be seeing the house for the first time. With two sons in college and an elderly mom at home, there are lots of dreams that can come true because of this win.
The 50/50 Raffle winner is Sandy Stansell of Caledonia, Ill. Stansell received half of the total amount raised of $18,975. She hasn’t decided what she will spend her winnings on.
Proceeds of the 21st Great Home Giveaway go to The Arc to help families raise children diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities at home and to support adults to live in their communities, participating with work, worship, family and friends.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013