- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Great Home Giveaway winners announced
Barb Clark of LaCrosse, Wis., is the grand-prize winner of the 21st Great Home Giveaway. She gets to choose the $100,000 cash prize or the home at 8420 Blue River Road, Rockford. Clark is making the four-and-a-half-hour trip to Rockford Saturday, Oct. 5, to receive her prize. Her family will be seeing the house for the first time. With two sons in college and an elderly mom at home, there are lots of dreams that can come true because of this win.
The 50/50 Raffle winner is Sandy Stansell of Caledonia, Ill. Stansell received half of the total amount raised of $18,975. She hasn’t decided what she will spend her winnings on.
Proceeds of the 21st Great Home Giveaway go to The Arc to help families raise children diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities at home and to support adults to live in their communities, participating with work, worship, family and friends.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013