- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Great Home Giveaway winners announced
Barb Clark of LaCrosse, Wis., is the grand-prize winner of the 21st Great Home Giveaway. She gets to choose the $100,000 cash prize or the home at 8420 Blue River Road, Rockford. Clark is making the four-and-a-half-hour trip to Rockford Saturday, Oct. 5, to receive her prize. Her family will be seeing the house for the first time. With two sons in college and an elderly mom at home, there are lots of dreams that can come true because of this win.
The 50/50 Raffle winner is Sandy Stansell of Caledonia, Ill. Stansell received half of the total amount raised of $18,975. She hasn’t decided what she will spend her winnings on.
Proceeds of the 21st Great Home Giveaway go to The Arc to help families raise children diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities at home and to support adults to live in their communities, participating with work, worship, family and friends.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013