- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Midtown does ArtScene Oct. 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Midtown District of Rockford is bringing artists, musicians, and poets to the Seventh Street area to participate in this year’s ArtScene. There’s something for everyone in the Midtown District Friday and Saturday, Oct. 4-5.
A variety of musicians will keep Midtown hopping Friday from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 3 to 10 p.m. Work by a diverse group of artists and fun with sidewalk chalk art will be featured at some of Midtown’s favorite venues, including JustGoods, Katie’s Cup, Shelter Care, Cambridge Dental, The Irish Pub Building, Midtown Windows, The CMI Building and Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
Snacks will be served at many locations, and Katie’s Cup will be open for business.
A complete list of performers and artists can be found at www.midtowndistrict.com.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013