- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Midtown does ArtScene Oct. 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Midtown District of Rockford is bringing artists, musicians, and poets to the Seventh Street area to participate in this year’s ArtScene. There’s something for everyone in the Midtown District Friday and Saturday, Oct. 4-5.
A variety of musicians will keep Midtown hopping Friday from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 3 to 10 p.m. Work by a diverse group of artists and fun with sidewalk chalk art will be featured at some of Midtown’s favorite venues, including JustGoods, Katie’s Cup, Shelter Care, Cambridge Dental, The Irish Pub Building, Midtown Windows, The CMI Building and Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
Snacks will be served at many locations, and Katie’s Cup will be open for business.
A complete list of performers and artists can be found at www.midtowndistrict.com.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013