- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Midtown does ArtScene Oct. 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Midtown District of Rockford is bringing artists, musicians, and poets to the Seventh Street area to participate in this year’s ArtScene. There’s something for everyone in the Midtown District Friday and Saturday, Oct. 4-5.
A variety of musicians will keep Midtown hopping Friday from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 3 to 10 p.m. Work by a diverse group of artists and fun with sidewalk chalk art will be featured at some of Midtown’s favorite venues, including JustGoods, Katie’s Cup, Shelter Care, Cambridge Dental, The Irish Pub Building, Midtown Windows, The CMI Building and Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
Snacks will be served at many locations, and Katie’s Cup will be open for business.
A complete list of performers and artists can be found at www.midtowndistrict.com.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013