- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Midtown does ArtScene Oct. 4-5
Online Staff Report
The Midtown District of Rockford is bringing artists, musicians, and poets to the Seventh Street area to participate in this year’s ArtScene. There’s something for everyone in the Midtown District Friday and Saturday, Oct. 4-5.
A variety of musicians will keep Midtown hopping Friday from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 3 to 10 p.m. Work by a diverse group of artists and fun with sidewalk chalk art will be featured at some of Midtown’s favorite venues, including JustGoods, Katie’s Cup, Shelter Care, Cambridge Dental, The Irish Pub Building, Midtown Windows, The CMI Building and Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
Snacks will be served at many locations, and Katie’s Cup will be open for business.
A complete list of performers and artists can be found at www.midtowndistrict.com.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013