- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Nominations sought for Renewable Energy Recognition Award
Online Staff Report
Time is running out for your chance to nominate an organization for a Renewable Energy Recognition Award for the first-ever Winnebago County Renewable Energy Expo. Any organization in Winnebago or Boone counties that utilizes renewable energy initiatives is encouraged to apply.
Award winners will be announced by Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) at a special press conference in October.
Award winners will be recognized again during a luncheon at the Winnebago County Energy Expo Friday, Nov. 8. Each award-winner will receive one recognition certificate displayed in a locally-made frame of reclaimed wood. Photos of and information about the award winners will be featured on www.winnebagoenergyexpo.com.
Award winners will be invited to sign up to be an exhibitor at the Winnebago County Renewable Energy Expo Nov. 8. Winnebago County, Illinois Renewable Energy Association, Freedom Field Renewable Energy and Rock Valley College are co-hosting the Winnebago County Renewable Energy Expo at Rockford’s Klehm Arboretum from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 8. The expo is designed to celebrate what has been done and is being done with renewable energy and energy efficiency in the Rockford area and is open to the public.
Expo attendees will learn about renewable energy options and funding, network with industry experts and local businesses already utilizing renewable energy practices, and gain a better understanding how renewable energy practices can be applied in the real world.
The deadline for nominations for the 2013 Renewable Energy Recognition Awards is Friday, Oct. 4. To nominate an organization, download the form at http://wincoil.us/media/58121/callfornominees2013wcexpo.pdf. The nomination form can be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to the contact information on the form, but it must be received by Friday, Oct. 4. Nominees will be evaluated by the expo committee based on criteria provided in the one-page nomination statement.
For more about nominations or the expo, contact the Illinois Renewable Energy Association at (815) 732-7332 or visit www.facebook.com/winnebagoenergyexpo.
From the Oct. 2-8, 2013, issue