- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Nominations sought for Renewable Energy Recognition Award
Online Staff Report
Time is running out for your chance to nominate an organization for a Renewable Energy Recognition Award for the first-ever Winnebago County Renewable Energy Expo. Any organization in Winnebago or Boone counties that utilizes renewable energy initiatives is encouraged to apply.
Award winners will be announced by Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) at a special press conference in October.
Award winners will be recognized again during a luncheon at the Winnebago County Energy Expo Friday, Nov. 8. Each award-winner will receive one recognition certificate displayed in a locally-made frame of reclaimed wood. Photos of and information about the award winners will be featured on www.winnebagoenergyexpo.com.
Award winners will be invited to sign up to be an exhibitor at the Winnebago County Renewable Energy Expo Nov. 8. Winnebago County, Illinois Renewable Energy Association, Freedom Field Renewable Energy and Rock Valley College are co-hosting the Winnebago County Renewable Energy Expo at Rockford’s Klehm Arboretum from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 8. The expo is designed to celebrate what has been done and is being done with renewable energy and energy efficiency in the Rockford area and is open to the public.
Expo attendees will learn about renewable energy options and funding, network with industry experts and local businesses already utilizing renewable energy practices, and gain a better understanding how renewable energy practices can be applied in the real world.
The deadline for nominations for the 2013 Renewable Energy Recognition Awards is Friday, Oct. 4. To nominate an organization, download the form at http://wincoil.us/media/58121/callfornominees2013wcexpo.pdf. The nomination form can be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to the contact information on the form, but it must be received by Friday, Oct. 4. Nominees will be evaluated by the expo committee based on criteria provided in the one-page nomination statement.
For more about nominations or the expo, contact the Illinois Renewable Energy Association at (815) 732-7332 or visit www.facebook.com/winnebagoenergyexpo.
From the Oct. 2-8, 2013, issue