- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Open pickleball sessions at Indoor Sports Center Oct. 3-Dec. 23
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park, Ill., welcomes pickleball players ages 18 and older to enjoy friendly competition and the benefits of physical activity by joining in open pickleball sessions offered several days a week from Oct. 3 through Dec. 23.
The two-hour sessions are held Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10 a.m., and evening sessions Fridays at 6 p.m., and Sundays at 7 p.m. No sessions will be held on the following dates: Oct. 25 and 27, Nov. 22, 28 and 29.
Game paddles and balls are provided on site. The pay-per-visit fee is $5 ($6 non-resident) for this drop-in program, for which no registration is needed; there is also an advance payment option — purchase eight visits, and receive two visits free.
To learn more about the sport of pickleball, visit www.northernillinoispickleball.com. For more about the sessions, as well as Indoor Sports Center programs, events, rentals and birthday party packages, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 885-1135.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013