- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Open pickleball sessions at Indoor Sports Center Oct. 3-Dec. 23
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park, Ill., welcomes pickleball players ages 18 and older to enjoy friendly competition and the benefits of physical activity by joining in open pickleball sessions offered several days a week from Oct. 3 through Dec. 23.
The two-hour sessions are held Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10 a.m., and evening sessions Fridays at 6 p.m., and Sundays at 7 p.m. No sessions will be held on the following dates: Oct. 25 and 27, Nov. 22, 28 and 29.
Game paddles and balls are provided on site. The pay-per-visit fee is $5 ($6 non-resident) for this drop-in program, for which no registration is needed; there is also an advance payment option — purchase eight visits, and receive two visits free.
To learn more about the sport of pickleball, visit www.northernillinoispickleball.com. For more about the sessions, as well as Indoor Sports Center programs, events, rentals and birthday party packages, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 885-1135.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013