- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Open pickleball sessions at Indoor Sports Center Oct. 3-Dec. 23
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park, Ill., welcomes pickleball players ages 18 and older to enjoy friendly competition and the benefits of physical activity by joining in open pickleball sessions offered several days a week from Oct. 3 through Dec. 23.
The two-hour sessions are held Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10 a.m., and evening sessions Fridays at 6 p.m., and Sundays at 7 p.m. No sessions will be held on the following dates: Oct. 25 and 27, Nov. 22, 28 and 29.
Game paddles and balls are provided on site. The pay-per-visit fee is $5 ($6 non-resident) for this drop-in program, for which no registration is needed; there is also an advance payment option — purchase eight visits, and receive two visits free.
To learn more about the sport of pickleball, visit www.northernillinoispickleball.com. For more about the sessions, as well as Indoor Sports Center programs, events, rentals and birthday party packages, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 885-1135.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013