- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Open pickleball sessions at Indoor Sports Center Oct. 3-Dec. 23
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park, Ill., welcomes pickleball players ages 18 and older to enjoy friendly competition and the benefits of physical activity by joining in open pickleball sessions offered several days a week from Oct. 3 through Dec. 23.
The two-hour sessions are held Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10 a.m., and evening sessions Fridays at 6 p.m., and Sundays at 7 p.m. No sessions will be held on the following dates: Oct. 25 and 27, Nov. 22, 28 and 29.
Game paddles and balls are provided on site. The pay-per-visit fee is $5 ($6 non-resident) for this drop-in program, for which no registration is needed; there is also an advance payment option — purchase eight visits, and receive two visits free.
To learn more about the sport of pickleball, visit www.northernillinoispickleball.com. For more about the sessions, as well as Indoor Sports Center programs, events, rentals and birthday party packages, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 885-1135.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013