- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Snow sculpting artist applications due Oct. 7, Nov. 4
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District has issued a call to artists interested in participating in the 28th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 15-18, 2014, at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
As many as 70,000 visitors view these massive works of snow art each year. Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the 2015 U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition, and high school teams from the Rockford area will compete in the high school division the same week.
Each state division sculpting team must consist of three members, age 18 or older who are not in high school but are current Illinois residents; amateurs and professionals are also eligible.
Applications for adult and high school divisions are available to download now from www.ilsnowsculpting.com. Entry forms must include sketches of proposed sculptures. The state division application deadline is Nov. 4, 2013, and the high school application division deadline is Oct. 7, 2013.
Entries can be delivered to either Park District Customer Service location: downtown at Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park. Entries are also accepted by e-mail and fax (see application forms for details). There is no entry fee to participate, and notification of acceptance status will be given by Nov. 8, 2013, for the state division and Oct. 11, 2013, for the high school division.
For those unable to download an application, contact John Beck at (815) 987-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013