- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
SwedishAmerican completes $4.6 million medical imaging renovation
Online Staff Report
A major $4.6 million renovation of SwedishAmerican Hospital’s Medical Imaging Department has been completed. On the second floor of the hospital, the department now offers remodeled office, patient and staff areas.
The project, which involved updating space within the original 1918 hospital building, as well as additions made during the 1940s and 1960s, resulted in a new main waiting and reception room, new changing areas, and new staff support areas. Corridors were rerouted to provide more efficient staff access and a more private inpatient area.
Radiologists now benefit from private offices for reading and dictation. In addition, a newly remodeled teaching room/conference room with updated technology is available for joint use by staff and SwedishAmerican’s School of Radiography. Other features include updated telecommunications and IT infrastructure for all areas, as well as updated electrical configurations for emergency power.
SwedishAmerican Hospital is at 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013