- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
SwedishAmerican offers free breast cancer awareness program Oct. 7
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican will host “Planting the Seeds of Hope,” a free breast cancer awareness program, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 7.
Attendees can arrive at 5:30 p.m. to register and browse informative health care exhibits. At 6:30 p.m., SwedishAmerican Health System President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski will provide an update about the health system’s new Regional Cancer Center opening in October.
Guest speaker, Mark Burkard, M.D., Ph.D., medical oncologist, UW Carbone Cancer Center, will then speak about “Recent Progress and the Future of Breast Cancer.” As an oncologist, Dr. Burkard’s clinical practice and research interest is in breast cancer and experimental therapeutics.
Additionally, Kristen Christianson, breast cancer survivor and CT Technician for SwedishAmerican, will discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and an expert panel will discuss the latest innovations in breast health care and answer questions.
Everyone who attends will receive a free gift, as well as a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere. In addition, light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded.
To register, visit www.swedishamerican.org or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013