- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
SwedishAmerican offers free breast cancer awareness program Oct. 7
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican will host “Planting the Seeds of Hope,” a free breast cancer awareness program, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 7.
Attendees can arrive at 5:30 p.m. to register and browse informative health care exhibits. At 6:30 p.m., SwedishAmerican Health System President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski will provide an update about the health system’s new Regional Cancer Center opening in October.
Guest speaker, Mark Burkard, M.D., Ph.D., medical oncologist, UW Carbone Cancer Center, will then speak about “Recent Progress and the Future of Breast Cancer.” As an oncologist, Dr. Burkard’s clinical practice and research interest is in breast cancer and experimental therapeutics.
Additionally, Kristen Christianson, breast cancer survivor and CT Technician for SwedishAmerican, will discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and an expert panel will discuss the latest innovations in breast health care and answer questions.
Everyone who attends will receive a free gift, as well as a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere. In addition, light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded.
To register, visit www.swedishamerican.org or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013