- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
SwedishAmerican offers free breast cancer awareness program Oct. 7
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican will host “Planting the Seeds of Hope,” a free breast cancer awareness program, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 7.
Attendees can arrive at 5:30 p.m. to register and browse informative health care exhibits. At 6:30 p.m., SwedishAmerican Health System President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski will provide an update about the health system’s new Regional Cancer Center opening in October.
Guest speaker, Mark Burkard, M.D., Ph.D., medical oncologist, UW Carbone Cancer Center, will then speak about “Recent Progress and the Future of Breast Cancer.” As an oncologist, Dr. Burkard’s clinical practice and research interest is in breast cancer and experimental therapeutics.
Additionally, Kristen Christianson, breast cancer survivor and CT Technician for SwedishAmerican, will discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and an expert panel will discuss the latest innovations in breast health care and answer questions.
Everyone who attends will receive a free gift, as well as a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere. In addition, light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded.
To register, visit www.swedishamerican.org or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013