- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Trail of Screams opens for season Oct. 4
Online Staff Report
This October, Rockford’s largest haunted event is BACK! For eight years, the Trail of Screams, northern Illinois’ largest haunted event, has terrified visitors with unique attractions, electrifying 3D artwork by world-famous Stuartizm Designs, horrifying monsters, chainsaws, darkness and celebrity appearances by Gunnar “Original Leatherface” Hansen from Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Kane “Jason Voorhees” Hodder from Friday the 13th.
This October, deep within the woods you’ll come face-to-face once again with the most crazed and horrifying monsters, new scares, new attractions, cutting-edge special effects, chainsaws, total darkness and a few more surprises! Be prepared to experience FEAR like never before at one of the most unique haunted attractions in northern Illinois. Trail of Screams has been voted one of the Top 10 Haunted Attractions in Illinois by HaunteIllinois.com!
Still think Halloween is just for kids? THINK AGAIN. Get ready to SCREAM your head off as R.I.P. Productions brings you the ultimate haunted experience! The Screamatorium is not only one of the scariest haunted houses, but was ranked the No. 1 Haunted Attraction in the northern Illinois area. This intense, cutting-edge haunted attraction has been striking fear into the hearts of terrified visitors since 2008, and this year has once again risen the bar, offering new excitement, over-the-top thrills and nonstop, action-packed experiences with more than 10,000 square feet of pure TERROR! What scares you? Darkness, torture, pain, suffering, horror, blood, chainsaws, live snakes and creepy crawlies are only the beginning!
Check out the concessions and gift shop area at both locations with everything from glow items, T-shirts, novelty items and sweet treats to satisfy your hunger for fear, including nachos, popcorn, candy, soft drinks, hot chocolate and more.
The Screamatorium is at the Arte Verde Garden Center, 15630 Illinois Route 76 in Poplar Grove, Ill. The Trail of Screams is at YMCA Camp Winnebago, 5804 N. Main St., in Rockford. Event times for both locations are 7-11:30 p.m., Fridays, Saturdays and Halloween, and 7-10:30 p.m., weekdays and Sundays.
PARENTAL ADVISORY — The Screamatorium contains scenes of explicit content. Parental discretion is strongly advised for ages 16 and younger. Because of the intense nature of the Trail of Screams, parental guidance is strongly recommended for ages 13 and younger. Open Oct 4-6, 11-13, 18-20, 24-27, 30-31 and Nov. 1-2. Discount coupons available throughout the area. Tickets can be purchased at the event or online at www.trailofscreams.com. For more information or group rates, call the Frightline at (815) 965-6772.
Posted Oct. 2, 2013