- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Roadside Safety Check on westbound exit ramp from I-88 to Annie Glidden Oct. 11-12
Online Staff Report
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — The Illinois State Police (ISP), District 15, will conduct a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) in DeKalb County from 11 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11, until 4 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 12. According to Lt. Robert Meeder, the RSC will be held on the westbound exit ramp from the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88) to Annie Glidden Road.
Officers working this detail will be watchful for drivers who are operating vehicles in an unsafe manner, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, transporting open alcoholic beverages, or driving under the influence (DUI).
Alcohol and drug impairment are significant factors in nearly 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to keep roads safe by taking dangerous DUI offenders off the road. This project is funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
Posted Oct. 6, 2013