- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Roadside Safety Check on westbound exit ramp from I-88 to Annie Glidden Oct. 11-12
Online Staff Report
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — The Illinois State Police (ISP), District 15, will conduct a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) in DeKalb County from 11 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11, until 4 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 12. According to Lt. Robert Meeder, the RSC will be held on the westbound exit ramp from the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88) to Annie Glidden Road.
Officers working this detail will be watchful for drivers who are operating vehicles in an unsafe manner, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, transporting open alcoholic beverages, or driving under the influence (DUI).
Alcohol and drug impairment are significant factors in nearly 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to keep roads safe by taking dangerous DUI offenders off the road. This project is funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
Posted Oct. 6, 2013