- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Roadside Safety Check on westbound exit ramp from I-88 to Annie Glidden Oct. 11-12
Online Staff Report
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — The Illinois State Police (ISP), District 15, will conduct a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) in DeKalb County from 11 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11, until 4 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 12. According to Lt. Robert Meeder, the RSC will be held on the westbound exit ramp from the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88) to Annie Glidden Road.
Officers working this detail will be watchful for drivers who are operating vehicles in an unsafe manner, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, transporting open alcoholic beverages, or driving under the influence (DUI).
Alcohol and drug impairment are significant factors in nearly 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to keep roads safe by taking dangerous DUI offenders off the road. This project is funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
Posted Oct. 6, 2013