- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Roadside Safety Check on westbound exit ramp from I-88 to Annie Glidden Oct. 11-12
Online Staff Report
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — The Illinois State Police (ISP), District 15, will conduct a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) in DeKalb County from 11 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11, until 4 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 12. According to Lt. Robert Meeder, the RSC will be held on the westbound exit ramp from the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88) to Annie Glidden Road.
Officers working this detail will be watchful for drivers who are operating vehicles in an unsafe manner, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, transporting open alcoholic beverages, or driving under the influence (DUI).
Alcohol and drug impairment are significant factors in nearly 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to keep roads safe by taking dangerous DUI offenders off the road. This project is funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
Posted Oct. 6, 2013