- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Roadside Safety Check on westbound exit ramp from I-88 to Annie Glidden Oct. 11-12
Online Staff Report
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — The Illinois State Police (ISP), District 15, will conduct a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) in DeKalb County from 11 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11, until 4 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 12. According to Lt. Robert Meeder, the RSC will be held on the westbound exit ramp from the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88) to Annie Glidden Road.
Officers working this detail will be watchful for drivers who are operating vehicles in an unsafe manner, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, transporting open alcoholic beverages, or driving under the influence (DUI).
Alcohol and drug impairment are significant factors in nearly 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to keep roads safe by taking dangerous DUI offenders off the road. This project is funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
Posted Oct. 6, 2013