- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Credit union hosts Teddy Bear Drive for MotherHouse Oct. 14-19
Oct. 17, more than 200 million credit union members in 101 countries will celebrate International Credit Union Day, an annual event to commemorate the credit union movement’s impact and achievements. In honor of this day, Heritage Credit Union invites its members and the community to visit its branches and enjoy treats.
Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives that provide an effective and viable alternative to for-profit financial institutions worldwide. Since 1948, International Credit Union Day has been celebrated annually on the third Thursday of October. Each year, the international event affords the opportunity to remember credit unions’ proud history and promote awareness of and support for the credit union difference.
This year’s theme, “Credit Unions Unite for Good: A Better Way,” emphasizes the benefits of cooperation among credit unions worldwide. It also speaks to the powerful global network of 56,000 credit unions, which no other financial institution can claim, and the advantages that result from sharing challenges, experiences and solutions with one another to better serve members.
Heritage Credit Union is asking its members and communities to “unite for good” with its Teddy Bear Drive. The community can drop off new teddy bears Oct. 14-19 at the Rockford Branch, 5959 E. State St., to benefit MotherHouse.
For more about International Credit Union Day, visit http://www.woccu.org/events/icuday.
From the Oct. 9-15, 2013, issue