- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Free breast cancer screenings at area Fifth Third banks Oct. 12
Online Staff Report
Fifth Third Bank, in partnership with A Silver Lining Foundation and Rockford Health System Women’s Health Center, is hosting free breast cancer screenings at all of its Rockford branches from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 12.
When Fifth Third Bank conducted these free screenings in 2012, more than 75 women from the Rockford community attended, and three women were found to be in need of medical assistance. All three received free mammograms, and one went on to have life-saving surgery.
“When we partnered with Fifth Third Bank and The Women’s Center at Rockford Health System to host private breast cancer screenings during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it was the biggest response in the history of our organization,” said Dr. Sandy Goldberg, founder, A Silver Lining Foundation. “It obviously shows there is tremendous need and interest in this kind of information and free services.”
The bank was recently honored by A Silver Lining Foundation for last year’s efforts.
Bob Sullivan, president & CEO of Fifth Third Bank (Chicago), said: “Fifth Third Bank is committed to serving all the communities in which we live and work. We believe there is a great need in Rockford for access to free screenings and mammograms and are committed to helping bridge the gap between interest and reality.”
These screenings are free and open to the public. Bank branches are at 1111 S. Alpine Road, 3936 W. Riverside Blvd. and 3154 McFarland Road.
For general information, call A Silver Lining Foundation at (312) 345-1322 or visit http://asilverliningfoundation.org.
Posted Oct. 9, 2013