- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Ghosts invade Music Academy at Viva Spooky Suzuki Oct. 12
Ghosts and goblins will be wearing cowboy hats and sombreros during Viva Spooky Suzuki, the annual open house of The Music Academy of Rockford. The event, which will highlight student performances along with kids’ games and crafts and fiesta refreshments, will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, in The Music Academy, 226 S. Second St., and First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St.
Music Academy students will perform music varying from Mariachi to Mozart. Babies and toddlers and their parents are invited to attend sample demonstrations of Prelude, the Academy’s early childhood music class.
Other activities include Cow Chip Toss and Cow Poke Shuffle games, polymer clay crafts, and a presentation of Pablo Carona’s video, Our City, Our Story. Fabulous Fiesta Food Concessions will be available along with silhouettes made to order.
Students and those attending are encouraged to wear costumes. Viva Spooky Suzuki is a prelude to a visit by Music Academy students to San Antonio, Texas, in June 2014, where they will be performing on the banks of the Riverwalk and the courtyard of the Alamo.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performance opportunities to academy students, regardless of age or ability. Its mission is to inspire a lifelong love of music and the arts in its students. For more about Viva Spooky Suzuki or the academy, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Oct. 9-15, 2013, issue