- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Ghosts invade Music Academy at Viva Spooky Suzuki Oct. 12
Ghosts and goblins will be wearing cowboy hats and sombreros during Viva Spooky Suzuki, the annual open house of The Music Academy of Rockford. The event, which will highlight student performances along with kids’ games and crafts and fiesta refreshments, will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, in The Music Academy, 226 S. Second St., and First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St.
Music Academy students will perform music varying from Mariachi to Mozart. Babies and toddlers and their parents are invited to attend sample demonstrations of Prelude, the Academy’s early childhood music class.
Other activities include Cow Chip Toss and Cow Poke Shuffle games, polymer clay crafts, and a presentation of Pablo Carona’s video, Our City, Our Story. Fabulous Fiesta Food Concessions will be available along with silhouettes made to order.
Students and those attending are encouraged to wear costumes. Viva Spooky Suzuki is a prelude to a visit by Music Academy students to San Antonio, Texas, in June 2014, where they will be performing on the banks of the Riverwalk and the courtyard of the Alamo.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performance opportunities to academy students, regardless of age or ability. Its mission is to inspire a lifelong love of music and the arts in its students. For more about Viva Spooky Suzuki or the academy, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Oct. 9-15, 2013, issue