- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
RACVB promotes Bridget French
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) has promoted Bridget French to director of marketing and public affairs.
French joined RACVB as marketing manager in November 2011. In her new role, she is responsible for developing strategies to plan, direct and implement all marketing policies and programs. French will develop, implement and evaluate all internal and external marketing, communication and public affairs programs. She will supervise the marketing and communications team and outside agencies while serving as a member of the senior leadership team.
French is the vice chairman of Market Illinois, a niche committee of the Illinois Council of Convention & Visitors Bureau. She is also active in Alignment Rockford, an education-based collective impact organization, as well as State Street Mile Committee. She is a member of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce, is a graduate of the chamber’s leadership program, and is also a member of the Rockford Road Runners. She received her bachelor’s degree in English from Illinois State University.
Posted Oct. 9, 2013