- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
RACVB promotes Bridget French
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) has promoted Bridget French to director of marketing and public affairs.
French joined RACVB as marketing manager in November 2011. In her new role, she is responsible for developing strategies to plan, direct and implement all marketing policies and programs. French will develop, implement and evaluate all internal and external marketing, communication and public affairs programs. She will supervise the marketing and communications team and outside agencies while serving as a member of the senior leadership team.
French is the vice chairman of Market Illinois, a niche committee of the Illinois Council of Convention & Visitors Bureau. She is also active in Alignment Rockford, an education-based collective impact organization, as well as State Street Mile Committee. She is a member of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce, is a graduate of the chamber’s leadership program, and is also a member of the Rockford Road Runners. She received her bachelor’s degree in English from Illinois State University.
Posted Oct. 9, 2013