- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Rockford author in new Chicken Soup book
Rockford children’s author Max Elliot Anderson is a contributor in another Chicken Soup for the Soul book, From Lemons to Lemonade.
“This new book contains one of my stories,” Anderson said. “It was a nice writing project because it gave me the opportunity to tell how, after a lifetime of film and video productions, I came to write middle-grade adventures and mysteries for kids. The title of the story is, ‘Who Would Have Thought?’ After one door closed, another opened, and it’s important to be prepared to walk through that door, no matter how unlikely the opportunity might seem at the time.”
Chicken Soup for the Soul: From Lemons to Lemonade will inspire, encourage and motivate the reader to turn any sour situation into a better one with its 101 personal stories from others who turned a negative into something positive.
When life hands you lemons … make lemonade! This collection is full of inspiring true stories from others who did just that, and will help readers make the best of any bad situation. Readers will find inspiration, encouragement, and guidance on turning what seemed like a negative into something positive in these 101 sweet stories of success.
“This is my fourth Chicken Soup for the Soul volume,” Anderson said.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: From Lemons to Lemonade was released Aug. 13.
Anderson is the author of nearly 20 action-adventures and mysteries for readers 8-12. He grew up hating to read and now writes the kinds of books he would have enjoyed as a boy.
From the Oct. 9-15, 2013, issue