- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Rockford Symphony offers free Saxaphone Boot Camp Oct. 11
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced a free Saxophone Boot Camp master class led by RSO Pops Concert guests Capitol Quartet. The Boot Camp is open to all area middle and high school saxophone players, public and private music teachers, and band directors. The Boot Camp will be from 4 to 6 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11, on the stage of the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Reservations are encouraged by calling (815) 965-0049, but are not required. Students should bring their instrument to the event and use the Coronado stage entrance off Park Street when arriving for the event. All Boot Camp participants will receive a free ticket to the RSO Pops concert featuring Capitol Quartet at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 12, at the Coronado.
Capitol Quartet is one of the most exciting saxophone quartets performing today. This high-energy program features refreshing arrangements of timeless swing classics, presented with humor and flair. Capitol Quartet will perform with the RSO on the first Rockford Health System Pops Series concert of the 2013/14 season. Composed of saxophonists who are teaching faculty at outstanding music schools, Capitol Quartet has captured the imagination of critics and audiences alike. Since its formation in 1991, Capitol Quartet has performed regularly at major concert venues throughout the United States, earning wide acclaim for the ensemble’s musical versatility and innovative style.
For more information, call the RSO Box Office at (815) 965-0049.
Posted Oct. 9, 2013