- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Rockford Wed brings third wedding event to Rockford Oct. 13
Online Staff Report
Rockford Wed — The Market will be Sunday, Oct. 13, at the former K’s Merchandise, 175 Executive Pkwy. (near Mulford and East State Street) in Rockford. This event, featuring more than 50 area vendors, is a unique take on the traditional bridal show.
The goal is to create a market-like setting featuring numerous wedding vendors. A wedding consignment boutique, known as Vow and Then, will also feature items for sale from past brides. Dresses, shoes, centerpieces and more are anticipated to be available through Vow and Then.
In the last few years, the greater Rockford area has become established as a wedding destination. Couples from the Chicago area as well as southern Wisconsin have found great value in holding their weddings in Rockford. Much of the attraction is attributed to the growing number of unique venues such as the Prairie Street Brewhouse and The Pavilion at Orchard Ridge Farms.
Seeing a need for something different when it came to bridal shows, Shawn Kelley, founder of Rockford Wed, sought to innovate and create something that would be valuable and enjoyable for both brides and vendors.
“I was a part of the wedding industry and discovered that vendors don’t enjoy bridal shows,” Kelley said. “And brides really don’t, either. But there was a huge need to help connect brides with vendors. Rockford Wed is different than what anyone else is doing, anywhere. And it’s working. We have received great feedback from our past two events, and this looks to really build on that feedback and success.”
Rockford Wed — The Market will run 1-6 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 13. Admission is $5 in advance (online at www.rockfordwed.com) or $10 at the door.
Posted Oct. 9, 2013