- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Adults-Only Night at Discovery Center Oct. 25
Release your inner child and experience Discovery Center’s fantastic exhibits — without the kids — from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25, for “Spooky After Dark.”
Break out those Halloween costumes and enjoy a night of Halloween fun. Carve a pumpkin, make some slime and enjoy “dead” science demonstrations given by deceased Nobel laureates you vaguely remember from school. Explore an outdoor park in the dark if you dare! You can even check out the museum’s new temporary exhibit,
“Build It! Make It!”
Toni’s of Winnebago will have spooky food for purchase. Cash bar by Kryptonite. Make reservations online at discoverycentermuseum.org or by calling (815) 972-2839. Admission is $1 for members and $8 for the general public with advance reservations (by noon, Friday, Oct. 25), or $3 and $10 at the door.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $8 adults, $8 children 2-17, and free to museum members and children 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the Oct. 16-22, 2013, issue