- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Adults-Only Night at Discovery Center Oct. 25
Release your inner child and experience Discovery Center’s fantastic exhibits — without the kids — from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25, for “Spooky After Dark.”
Break out those Halloween costumes and enjoy a night of Halloween fun. Carve a pumpkin, make some slime and enjoy “dead” science demonstrations given by deceased Nobel laureates you vaguely remember from school. Explore an outdoor park in the dark if you dare! You can even check out the museum’s new temporary exhibit,
“Build It! Make It!”
Toni’s of Winnebago will have spooky food for purchase. Cash bar by Kryptonite. Make reservations online at discoverycentermuseum.org or by calling (815) 972-2839. Admission is $1 for members and $8 for the general public with advance reservations (by noon, Friday, Oct. 25), or $3 and $10 at the door.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $8 adults, $8 children 2-17, and free to museum members and children 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the Oct. 16-22, 2013, issue