- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Beloit Janesville Symphony joins cellist Scott Cook
BELOIT, Wis. — Saturday, Oct. 19, the Beloit Janesville Symphony, along with internationally recognized cellist Scott Cook, will take the stage at Eaton Chapel on the Beloit College campus for Heavenly Strings. The program includes the following:
• Boccherini — Concerto for Cello, Scott Cook, cello solo;
• Barber — Adagio for strings; and
• Dvorak — Serenade for Strings.
The doors to Eaton Chapel will open at 6:30 p.m., and the concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. Concert tickets are on sale online and by phone and will be available at the door as well. Individual adult tickets are $19 and college student tickets are $5 with a valid ID. Active military personnel are able to attend any concert free of charge with an I.D., as are children grades K-12. Visit www.beloitjanesvillesymphony.org or call (608) 313-1200.
From the Oct. 16-22, 2013, issue