- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Free flu clinics offered at area sites Oct. 24
Partners from health care, faith-based organizations and educational institutions have teamed up to provide free flu shots on the morning of Thursday, Oct. 24.
Eight separate clinics will be held in Winnebago County. Clinics will be open from 8 a.m. to noon at Carpenter’s Place, Morning Star Baptist Church and at St. Bridget’s Food Pantry in Loves Park. Shelter Care Ministries will have a clinic from 10:30 a.m. to noon. New Zion Baptist, Rock River Valley Food Pantry and St. Elizabeth’s will provide flu shots and free blood pressure and blood sugar checks from 8 a.m. to noon. Rockford Rescue Mission will have flu shots available from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Two clinics will be held in Boone County. The Belvidere/Boone County Food Pantry in Capron and Salvation Army in Belvidere will provide flu shots and free blood pressure and blood sugar checks from 9 a.m. to noon.
Whiteside County is also participating with clinics at the Whiteside County Health Department in Rock Falls and the Salvation Army in Sterling. Flu shots and free blood pressure checks will be held at these locations from 8 a.m. to noon.
Any adult 18 and older is welcome if they have no health insurance, are unemployed or otherwise cannot afford a flu shot. No proof of identification is needed. Supplies are limited. Medicare or Medicaid cards are not accepted.
Anyone can get the flu, and it can be serious. Every year, protect yourself and those around you by getting a flu shot. For more about the clinics, call the Winnebago County Health Department at (815) 720-4217.
From the Oct. 16-22, 2013, issue