- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Freeport Art Museum’s 23rd Annual Dinner Oct. 19
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport Art Museum’s (FAM) largest fund-raise of the year, its 23rd Annual Dinner, will be Saturday, Oct. 19, at the former Wagner Printing building in downtown Freeport.
The building is now owned by Bill Green with Applied Solutions, and the space provides a fresh, contemporary and edgy view of the historic city.
This year’s theme, “Urban Canvas,” encourages us to see and appreciate the electric, sometimes raw, and always evocative beauty of the cityscape. The evening’s main event features live art created by local and regional artists, as well as several works contributed to the event, followed by a fun and lively auction of their work. The evening will begin with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres while guests are invited to engage with artists and witness firsthand the talent and techniques as they paint, draw and sculpt original works of art.
Following the gourmet dinner and live auction, guests are invited to enjoy dessert and music.
Tickets for Urban Canvas must be purchased in advance and are $75 per ticket. Call (815) 235-9755 or visit www.freeportartmuseum.org. FAM is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday; and noon to 5 p.m., Saturday.
Posted Oct. 16, 2013