- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Freeport Art Museum’s 23rd Annual Dinner Oct. 19
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport Art Museum’s (FAM) largest fund-raise of the year, its 23rd Annual Dinner, will be Saturday, Oct. 19, at the former Wagner Printing building in downtown Freeport.
The building is now owned by Bill Green with Applied Solutions, and the space provides a fresh, contemporary and edgy view of the historic city.
This year’s theme, “Urban Canvas,” encourages us to see and appreciate the electric, sometimes raw, and always evocative beauty of the cityscape. The evening’s main event features live art created by local and regional artists, as well as several works contributed to the event, followed by a fun and lively auction of their work. The evening will begin with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres while guests are invited to engage with artists and witness firsthand the talent and techniques as they paint, draw and sculpt original works of art.
Following the gourmet dinner and live auction, guests are invited to enjoy dessert and music.
Tickets for Urban Canvas must be purchased in advance and are $75 per ticket. Call (815) 235-9755 or visit www.freeportartmuseum.org. FAM is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday; and noon to 5 p.m., Saturday.
Posted Oct. 16, 2013