- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Fund-raiser for husky rescue set for Oct. 19 in Sycamore, Ill.
Online Staff Report
SYCAMORE, Ill. — Raven’s Husky Haven and Rescue will gather to celebrate and raise funds from 7 to 9 p.m., Oct. 19, at Eggsclusive Café, 265 W. Peace Road, Sycamore, Ill. Tickets are $40 and include food, beer, wine and door prizes. Musical guests are Carly Wagner, an eclectic singer-songwriter from Madison, Wis., and Ingrid Graudins, a well-known performer from the Chicago area.
Graudins trained for 16 years at classical piano only to find along the way that her true love was singing. She sang, played keyboards/ percussion with songwriter Jonatha Brooke, and over a few years, they toured the U.S. and Europe together and recorded three albums: Plumb, 10 Cent Wings and Jonatha Brooke — Live.
After recording her first solo album, Brave Again, in 2001, Graudins decided to dig her heels in and stay in her hometown, Chicago. She rocked on the famous Chicago “Waltz” shows at Metro with Nicholas Tremulis. The line-ups for the Waltzes included Billy Corgan, Mavis Staples, Ian Hunter, Marianne Faithfull and Ronnie Spector. She sang on commercials for radio, TV and various record projects as well.
Graudins now hosts a quarterly singer/songwriter circle at the S.P.A.C.E. in Evanston, Ill. (Chicago area) and performs regularly with Chicago’s favorite tribute band, Tributosaurus. She supports other performing songwriters and sings with Boston-based Catie Curtis (she appears on Catie’s recent Compass Records release, Sweet Life) and has been known to gig with Susan Werner and Alice Peacock. Her favorite project, “Ingrid & the Unicorns,” is composed of a revolving armful of talented singers/songwriters/players including Steve Dawson (Dolly Varden), Steve Frisbie (Frisbie) and Liam Davis (Justin Roberts), as well as others. She is writing and recording her second solo album, and enjoys volunteering at a local, no-kill animal shelter. She will be accompanied by Rob Berry.
The event will include a silent auction of a variety of items, including a basketball signed by all of the Chicago Bulls, and many local services and gifts. Door prize drawings will also be held. Organizers ask that tickets be purchased on the Rescue’s website in advance, if possible, but tickets can be purchased at the event as well.
Maureen Muldoon will MC the event, which will include storytelling about adopted Huskies. Learn more at http://ravenshuskyhavenandrescue.org/Ravens_Husky_Haven_and_Rescue.html.
Posted Oct. 16, 2013