- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Illinois Renewable Energy Association offers fall classes
OREGON, Ill. — The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will be offering classes this fall that will focus on renewable energy. They will be offered at the IREA headquarters and both Rock Valley and Illinois Valley community colleges.
To register for the class at IREA headquarters, e-mail email@example.com. Advanced registration is essential.
Oregon, Ill.: “Small Wind Generators for Homeowners,” offered Saturday, Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., will include lecture, discussion, and hands-on experiences. Class members will take down, disassemble and reassemble a wind generator that has produced power since spring, 2005. This class will be held at 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon, Ill. Donations to IREA (a nonprofit organization) are $20 for IREA members and $40 for nonmembers, which includes membership. Advanced registration is essential.
Rockford and Oglesby: Classes will also be offered by Rock Valley College, Rockford, and Illinois Valley College, Oglesby. Register online or phone (815) 921-3900 for Rock Valley or (815) 224-0490 for Illinois Valley.
Rock Valley classes include “Basics of Solar Electricity” (Tuesday, Oct. 22, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.).
Illinois Valley classes include “Small Wind Generators for Homeowners” “Basics of Solar Electricity” (Saturday, Oct. 26, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.).
For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the Oct. 16-22, 2013, issue