- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Illinois Renewable Energy Association offers fall classes
OREGON, Ill. — The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will be offering classes this fall that will focus on renewable energy. They will be offered at the IREA headquarters and both Rock Valley and Illinois Valley community colleges.
To register for the class at IREA headquarters, e-mail email@example.com. Advanced registration is essential.
Oregon, Ill.: “Small Wind Generators for Homeowners,” offered Saturday, Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., will include lecture, discussion, and hands-on experiences. Class members will take down, disassemble and reassemble a wind generator that has produced power since spring, 2005. This class will be held at 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon, Ill. Donations to IREA (a nonprofit organization) are $20 for IREA members and $40 for nonmembers, which includes membership. Advanced registration is essential.
Rockford and Oglesby: Classes will also be offered by Rock Valley College, Rockford, and Illinois Valley College, Oglesby. Register online or phone (815) 921-3900 for Rock Valley or (815) 224-0490 for Illinois Valley.
Rock Valley classes include “Basics of Solar Electricity” (Tuesday, Oct. 22, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.).
Illinois Valley classes include “Small Wind Generators for Homeowners” “Basics of Solar Electricity” (Saturday, Oct. 26, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.).
For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the Oct. 16-22, 2013, issue