- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Illinois Renewable Energy Association offers fall classes
OREGON, Ill. — The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will be offering classes this fall that will focus on renewable energy. They will be offered at the IREA headquarters and both Rock Valley and Illinois Valley community colleges.
To register for the class at IREA headquarters, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Advanced registration is essential.
Oregon, Ill.: “Small Wind Generators for Homeowners,” offered Saturday, Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., will include lecture, discussion, and hands-on experiences. Class members will take down, disassemble and reassemble a wind generator that has produced power since spring, 2005. This class will be held at 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon, Ill. Donations to IREA (a nonprofit organization) are $20 for IREA members and $40 for nonmembers, which includes membership. Advanced registration is essential.
Rockford and Oglesby: Classes will also be offered by Rock Valley College, Rockford, and Illinois Valley College, Oglesby. Register online or phone (815) 921-3900 for Rock Valley or (815) 224-0490 for Illinois Valley.
Rock Valley classes include “Basics of Solar Electricity” (Tuesday, Oct. 22, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.).
Illinois Valley classes include “Small Wind Generators for Homeowners” “Basics of Solar Electricity” (Saturday, Oct. 26, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.).
For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the Oct. 16-22, 2013, issue