- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Kewanee Hospital to join OSF Healthcare System
Online Staff Report
KEWANEE, Ill. — OSF Healthcare System and Kewanee Hospital have signed a definitive agreement that will result in Kewanee Hospital joining OSF, pending approval from the Illinois Health Facilities & Services Review Board. Kewanee Hospital is expected to join the Catholic health care system next spring.
The announcement comes after six months of due diligence, a process that validated the benefits of the affiliation to the communities they serve. Before a change of ownership can occur, the organizations must receive approval from the Illinois Health Facilities & Services Review Board, which will be sought at the board’s Dec. 17 meeting.
Lynn Fulton, CEO of Kewanee Hospital, said: “We are excited to partner with OSF HealthCare. This affiliation will further enhance our ability to provide excellent care to our patients. The new affiliation will ensure that our community has local access to high quality and cost effective health care services for many years to come.”
Gary Pheiffer, chairman of the Kewanee Hospital Board of Trustees, said: “The board believes its decision to integrate Kewanee Hospital into the OSF Healthcare System will enable Kewanee Hospital to better serve the health care needs of the area communities. As one of the largest health care networks in Illinois, OSF HealthCare has invested wisely in new processes and technologies to better serve patients. Most importantly, however, the philosophy and values of Kewanee Hospital align very well with those of OSF HealthCare. We look forward to working with them in this new relationship.”
OSF HealthCare, an integrated health system owned and operated by The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria, Ill., includes OSF Healthcare System consisting of seven acute care facilities in Illinois and one in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and two colleges of nursing. OSF also has a physician organization, employing more than 640 physicians in various specialties and nearly 300 advanced practitioners who are part of the OSF Medical Group. OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford is part of the health care system.
Posted Oct. 18, 2013