- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
40th Rock-Con Gaming Convention Oct. 25-27 at Indoor Sports Center
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The 40th Annual Rock-Con Gaming Convention will be Friday-Sunday, Oct. 25-27, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 W. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Hours are 7-11 p.m., Friday; 9 a.m.-11 p.m., Saturday; and 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $10 for Friday evening, $17 for Saturday and $10 for Sunday. Registration for the entire weekend is $25. Children younger than 12 are admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult. Tournaments may require a separate registration fee. Military discounts are available with a current Department of Defense or Veterans Administration identification card.
Historical, science fiction, and fantasy-based games of all kinds, including board games, card games, strategy games, and role-playing games will be played throughout the weekend. The dealers’ area will be open throughout the weekend.
The convention kicks off at 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25, with two different Pathfinder games and a Warmachine/Hordes tournament. Saturday, Oct. 26, includes tournaments, WarHammer 40K, the annual Silent Auction and air-brushing demos by Badger Airbrush Company. The convention wraps up Sunday, Oct. 27. Included with any admission, attendees can try their hand at painting miniatures at the 10th annual Paint-and-Take table Friday-Sunday.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue